All tooling projects are reviewed and project managed by an English speaking engineer so you can avoid the language problems and frustrations of dealing with Chinese factories. We provide detailed sketches of the tool design and point out any issues with the part design. Rather than just make the tool according to the part design provided we also offer advice on alternatives designs to reduce your tooling costs, improve the tool life and/or improve the part quality (most factories in China will just make the tool without asking questions).
To make precision injection moulding tools you need high quality precision tool making machinery. Over the past 5 years we have invested in machinery from well known manufacturers in Germany, Switzerland and Japan. This ensures that our tools are manufactured accurately and with a higher level of finish. Please check our updated machine list.
We make the following 3 types of tools:
1) Prototype tools – Typically made from Aluminium, Zinc or P-20 steel and are suitable for low production quantities from 10 to up to 10,000 shots (or more depending on the plastic material and your requirements). Please ask for more details.
2) Non-export tools – For high volume production although the tool design is according to our own standard and is designed to run in our facilities. The tool belongs to the customer.
3) Export tools – For high volume production and the tool is designed as per the customers specification. Please see below on our export tool service.
With all export tools we provide the following service/documentation:
• 2D and 3D tool drawings
• 2D and 3D part drawing
• Photos of the cavity and core
• Photos of the packaging before shipment
• Video of the tool cycling
• Part inspection and dimension report
• Injection moulding set up sheet
• Quality inspection checklist
• Tool bill of materials (BOM)
• Steel certificates
Export tool sent to Japan for a precision printer part.